I felt trapped in that deceptive frame last week because I haven't been exercising and I lost my muscle so my clothes wasn't fitting me the same. I tried to brush it off, but it did get to me. Why is it that I was placing so much value on the way my pants fit? Nothing I told myself helped me. I felt vapid and beat myself up for even being one of these kind of people. I think we all go through it though. True beauty can't be about all the clothes, body figures and make up, but it's not just about the nice personality. To life there should be balance. I haven't quite found that equilibrium for a lot of the things in my life, but beauty wasn't going to be one of those things I struggled with. I know who I am. I just needed a reminder. My sister Jazmin Rubio helped me remember who I wanted to be beautiful to in this song. I love her. She inspires me!
Beauty certainly does emanate from you my friend! I have always known that. We are carnal minded, fleshy beings, that's part of God's plan and Satan will certainly do all he can to keep us from enjoying our physical existence. I hate to admit I let him in frequently too, I allow him to tell me lies about what real beauty is. I'm so glad I have the gospel and Christ there to help me through those moments. I'm so glad to know beautiful people like you who know who they are :) Your example uplifts me and I love you!!
ReplyDelete