Although I did not re-attend the Crandall Museum since last year, I can still remember my positive experience. It's interesting to see that so much work went into publishing and producing books and today we live in a time where books have plenty of copies. I try to put myself back to the years of Gutenberg, and I wonder how it would feel to live in the times where this type of technology was just kicking off for the first time. I feel like today in society we forget how blessed we are to have so much.
One of the things that I can't really capture is not having my scriptures available to me. What is probably more absurd is imagining that I was in the higher class waiting for my copy of bible, which was a project that could take years because it had to be handwritten. I also marvel at the fact that so much detail went into the decoration of the pages.
Last night while reading my scriptures, it finally hit me that I was reading the records that were translated by a prophet who was speaking to God. Because of this realization, I've made a stronger effort to read my scriptures in the morning to give them the highest importance: being the first thing I do.
It's hard to keep this goal, because often I wake up really early to do unfinished homework. For example, today I woke up at 530 to write a paper. I could've done it on Saturday or Friday, but I didn't so I decided to do it early in the morning on Monday. I've found this to be a blessing because I don't do homework on Sundays. But, more specifically, I decided to read my scriptures before starting any homework today. To my surprise I was able to finish all of it before class. I felt really comforted knowing that putting God first in ALL things really blesses you. Usually my development homework takes forever and when I'm so tired, I nod off.
The interesting part of my experience is that I was able to understand the articles better and write a good paper on it.
As section 50 says
24 That which is of God is alight; and he that breceiveth clight, and dcontinueth in God, receiveth more elight; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.
I truly believe that light is knowledge, and that this knowledge is not given if not seeked. I know that I was able to accomplish a lot of things because I read my scriptures.
No comments:
Post a Comment