Search This Blog

May 26, 2010

Life in Mexico

I know I haven't written in quite the while pero I've been a little busy. There are so many adventures I want to record pero no me alcanza el tiempo so you can just ask me about them later.

Interviews with Huaricho People

We went back to Huaricho two days ago and we wrapped up interviews with official questions, a couple of yellow sheets of paper with a sometimes dysfunctional pen oh and a voice recorder. That voice recorder is so wonderful. It still has Lucy and Peter's voice in it. At night I listen to them, just kidding but I should. Anyways, the interviews were very good. My favorite is always looking at the children and playing with them afterward. To not make the people uncomfortable for us recording them I would ask them to sing so then we can make them famous and sell their CDs en el centro but only one person actually did it and it was in Tamaula.

I love going to the villages and then having all the kids remember my name. I love those cute rural kids. They are so smart. It is crazy to think that most of them won't get past middle school because they have to work. In fact, no one in Huaricho has ever gone to college and most people haven't finished elementary but they want it for their kids. This is why most of them are in the goat cheese project--to give their kids a job. A lot of people come to the US and its just a hard situation all together.

Dancing Salsa 
Anyways, the girls always talk to me and they dance salsa (the basic steps) and they love it! JAJA I just love them. Even the little boys tag a long but they get timid and hide behind a tree. One time a boy of the age of maybe 7 called me mamacita but it was more funny than anything. I haven't gotten hit on or anything ... life is great :)

I want to learn to whistle before I leave, but it's difficult I suppose. There are so many things I want to do oh but I will be too busy. I decided to not go to Puerto Vallarta because I have too much work and well Logan and Jeff were feeling the same. I love how we all get along really well. We all like to do hoodrat things together.

I think we are going to be in Zacatecas next week so that means we need to finish our report this week! It's a lot of stuff but meh we have it down (I hope!) We are going to train the people in Zacatecas to do evaluations so they can continue doing it without us over there. It is going to be so cool. The living conditions are going to be of the poorest quality but Gessery and Logan are super excited. According to Juan there isn't space for even a tent and they don't have a place we can stay at so we'll probably just rough it out there on the dirt... yum. I really love being in Mexico. I wish I could conocer mas pero I am limited because I have stuff to do. But, I'm still accomplishing my dreams like riding horses!! I rode a horse! Pero not really it just walked, I wanted it to run and stuff but the guy told me the horse was not going to behave well if I didn't know how to ride so I didn't. I will though, I have to! I love horses.

Beautiful Scenery 

Okay so I'm a city girl but I would love to live en el campo por una temporada. It's too beautiful. It's full of noise: cows, burros, pajaros, perros, etc. However, the hills and the perfect sunlight are so fulfilling. They are so serene. I love feeling the rocks and the pebbles. I love throwing the rocks up to the air and seeing them fall against a gorgeous blue sky. I love the air and the people. I love the nopales and the tortillas. I kind of love their life. It's wonderful. I like to sing when I'm there. I like to sing to the moon and to the night. I like to breathe. I like to feel my senses in nature. I love the horses and I love the trees. Oh how I love the trees. I love the sticks and the dirt. I love the tambos de agua carried by the donkeys as they rock side to side balancing the weight. I love wearing the same clothes. I love being void of the worldly things. I love touching corn. I love remembering I'm in Mexico. I love hearing people speak. I love eating mangos. I love it that some words are bad for Mexicans but not for anyone else so I secretly giggle inside as if I knew something no one else did. I love doing hoodrat things with my friends. I love kicking tapas o latas en la calle. I love when people find out I'm Hispanic jaja. I love doing P90x with Gessery and Logan. I love laughing a lot. I love having internet in my house. I love how I just found out the place I live in has horses and more acres than I thought. I love how there are little beetles cars everywhere. I love talking to taxistas. I love that my hair seems to grow longer here. I love sunrises and sunsets. I love church. I love the spirit. I love hearing about strong people. I love knowing I'm nothing without God. I love growing. I love thinking I know something and then realizing I have to keep learning.

Playboy stickers, Peeing babies & Mosquitos
(Sarcastically) I love how they have playboy bunny stickers all over the bus right next to Jesus pictures or quotes. I love when I hold babies and they pee on me because they don't have diapers(happened once). I love being sweaty all the time. I love trying to fall asleep in the bus, but failing because of the obnoxious banda. I love how everyone drinks coke, but when I do the bubbles just choke me and invade my nose without my permission. I love talking to people and seeing about 19240 flies swarm them without phasing the person. Mosquitos LOVE ME!

total--me encanta mexico :D

No comments:

Post a Comment