Search This Blog

June 03, 2011

a sincere wish

Two days ago I had many encounters with despair
He's ugly and overbearing
I hid our rendezvous from everyone, but burning inside  he was there
I could've dismissed him, but I was weak and submissive


As I walked out of work to go home-- to shrivel in sadness--
a thumping followed me from behind
It was the afternoon and the pavement absorbed those profound steps
I recognized the familiar walking pattern
They mimicked a sound of a struggling man's attempt to walk quickly
I knew a man like that... my father in fact


The sound was intense and I could tell the person behind me was rushing 
The person finally reached me and said 
"Hi, Have a good day" with his thumbs up
His voice reverberated with sincerity and he continued on his way.
He walked slower after he reached me, as though trying to tell me before I left.


He wished me a good day and almost immediately tears warmed down my cheeks
"HE is so nice" is all I could repeat to myself.
I felt God's love. I felt his love.
How did he know?


My sister Chancho then texted me and told me she was thinking and praying of me
She texted me for a long while after that.
How sincere and beautiful!
They both were Christlike, childlike and lovely.


I felt loved. I am grateful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment