It all begins with this girl named: Michelle Alejandra Rubio-Leiva. Yes, my friends (if i had any) she is Central American. Anyways (back to first person) I was walking to school early this morning. I wore sweats and a loose T-shirt, so I accompanied them with some sandals. These sandals are souljas. They have been through some rough walking. I noticed they were kinda breaking but didn't bother changing sandals. This was a huge-0 mistake. As I continued walking, every step increased the delicate sealing that barely remained between my chancleta (sandal in spanish) and its sole/soul. When I arrived to Italian, I figured I made it. I was deceived. My chanclas did not survive after that. My pride and belief in them stubbornly kept me from binding them with something.

...................................As I walked out of the JKB.... They came off almost completely. I had no time to run back into the building and staple them, I was going to be late to gymnastics. What would the teacher do without me? I had to arrive early or at least on time. Plus, I had to still change. I dug deep within my thoughts. In a matter of milliseconds, before even recognizing it, I was walking barefoot around campus. My native ways got the best of me and my roots couldn't help but overcome me. I walked all the way to the Smithhouse, which meant going down the treacherous RB stairs.... CURSE YOU STAIRS!! However, I enjoyed it. Best part was that it began to rain JUST then. So, of course, I had one of those 'movie scenes' where everything goes wrong when you start with one bad thing. Thank goodness I'm optimistic and viewed this as a way to reconnect with my Guatemalan culture. Or Else, that woulda really sucked seeing that it would've been a triggered domino effect of depression. TADA! T'is another one of my whirlwind adventures..... :)
PS: MAy I add that on Saturday, I played soccer barefoot and I am suffering injuries, bruises and pain. This is necessary information to understand this story.
Hey-yo! You created a new post all by your lonesome! With a picture! Truly amazing- plus your Central American. Kudos to you!
ReplyDeleteI pictured the dramatic scene with the broken sandal and the rain and running barefoot down the stairs in my head. Beautiful. haha.