Weird observation: So for weeks I've been wanting to write a blog about this because it has happened too often. I'd be walking to classes here in good ol' BYU or even anywhere I go around Provo and BAM I am surrounded by people. I know, I know, that's pretty weird but it gets better. Somehow I've seen SSOOOOO MANNNYY people that look like friends or acquaintances from back home. It is soo funny. Sometimes I have to double-take in disbelief of seeing them here. Of course, it really wasn't them but how peculiar. Even during walks I might catch a profile of a person and a name immediately rushes to my head. These names are even from people that I barely even talked to in high school or at work. It's so funny because I'll see someone's characteristics and automatically think "Katia" or even full names. I'll see a stranger and be like that looks like "Frank Judd." Maybe all these names and faces have lingered in my head because it is a coping device for being away from home.
I think this is a credible theory, because I sometimes even forget I'm in Utah. I never thought it would even be like this. Before coming out I was so worried to not be surrounded by even the random people I casually saw. Granted, the most important factor was family but I, being as odd as I am, also missed the 'familiar strangers'.
These faces might even represent the people that I didn't share the gospel with. The imposters could be the symbol of them attending this religious University if I only could've shared the truth I know for myself. I never stayed shut about my beliefs but hmmm I could've tried harder.
That would happen to me all the time when i first moved here. ;)
ReplyDelete