Search This Blog

March 15, 2009

Will I recognize my Savior?

Many of the Pharisees that spoke with Jesus and saw his miracles didn't believe. They would ask him who his Father was. The answer was clear and yet, they skewed their perception of the Messiah. Jesus clearly stated his mission to save the world. He spoke the truth, but they didn't believe. In John 32 Jesus says "and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." However, the irony lies in the fact that the truth provoked the Jews to capture and kill Jesus.

Although it was all part of Heavenly Father's plan, I wonder if I would have believed in him as the Son of God. I feel like I would believe him, and I'm planning on recognizing him, but are my actions and behavior reflecting my acknowledgement of the Savior? Am I hiding the truth?

In John 9:22 the parents of the healed blind man answer to the Pharisees. They question the miracle and the parents replied that their son was of age to answer it himself. I'm pretty sure they knew that Jesus healed him, but decided not to answer. According to that verse "if any man confess that he was [the] Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue." The modern day interpretation of this would be being cast of society. I don't know because I'm not in the situation, but if my son was healed by Jesus I think I would believe and defend him. That decision would be based on gratitude. As a mother, my child will be my most prized possession, so their healing would be an ultimate blessing that I would acknowledge. Why do people hide what they know is true? We won't be killed for it, and society is dead without this principle anyway. Who else can fix the distorted truths if not I?

No comments:

Post a Comment