Search This Blog

September 16, 2009

Frustrated Plans

So I was just going to post a thought, one of those random thoughts that really are memories in the back of your head. They spring out of no where and make you wonder why those particular instances stayed engraved in your compartments of your brain. You know those mistakes that you make without realizing that your actions affected more than just you? That your actions were a trigger to someone else's emotions, thought process or even actions?

It's interesting to think that no matter what you do there is always a designed plan. I've never really been a believer of fate or destiny, because I exercise great gratitude in my freedom of choice, but I do believe that God knows our every action. Despite whatever dumb mistake we make he seems to have a "back-up" plan. The scriptures below really stuck out to me:

D&C 3: 1&3
1 The works, and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated, neither can they come to naught.
3 Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men;
I love how God proclaims that his plans CANNOT be frustrated. God has everything figured out.
It's so interesting to imagine that no matter what occurs on Earth, with whomever's agency, God has a "back-up" plan; only, this plan isn't really back-up because Heavenly Father knows us so well that he knows what our choices will be before we do them.
This kind of reminds me when Peter said that he would not deny or be offended. Jesus prophesied according to his knowledge.
I can't image denying Christ and you would think that Peter would probably watch himself since Jesus already spoke against him. Peter didn't believe he would ever abandon Jesus, and yet he did. Jesus knew this. God knew this. God always plans around what we choose, letting us make our own choices and mistakes, without restricting our agency.

Another point is that even when our plans are frustrated, we can align our wills to God's and all will work out according to His designs.

Another interesting point is how we criticize Peter for denying Christ, or even in the boat when his lack of faith made him sink. However, he did take some steps on water. Why don't we ever focus on that? Sometimes we are going on the right track--sort of like walking on water-- but when we lean into our own understanding our works are frustrated.

I think it's so cool that God knows us so well and would not let us sink or remain frustrated, because his way always pulls through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment