Search This Blog

October 06, 2008

sooo annoyed

so, I just got home. I'm kinda really bothered. I feel so annoyed and stupid for even thinking to write this, but maybe this will be theraputic. Just a little while ago I finished a conversation with a boy named John (apt 36) and I'm a bit frustrated. I told him about a situation I had with a boy and his response made me want to throw up. He described that the boy that called me so much probably really liked me. I negated that thought but he proceeded with his gross explanation. He was telling me how boys aren't like girls and that they go for it. What they see, they get. It made me feel soo uncomfortable. He told me that boys are like ferocious tigers that go for what they want and if what they want doesn't feel the same, they challenge it. They go for the target or goal. I am not a target or a goal. He made me feel like an object, a game. I'm a woman not a dartboard to shoot at.
This is probably one of the greatest reasons why I haven't dated in UT. I am repulsed by this mentality. Then again, no one has asked me on a date since I've gotten here. This is most likely because I'm very outgoing and intimidating. John said it probably was because I was blunt. Maybe. Maybe my vibes throw off boys, but good. This is good because I rather be dateless than be looked at in the way he described a man's mind. I talked to Devon and Jesse about it and Krysta and Kassie and they laughed and agreed sometimes. Devin and Jesse aren't like that, so maybe that gives me hope. Oh, and just for the record, in case John liked my sarcasm and bluntness, I told him I didn't like white boys. This is typically true. However, I would not decline one from asking me on a date. Also, sometimes I am attracted to one--it's not impossible. It's funny because sometimes I am extra sarcastic to repel boys but then I get stuck with the boys that like that. Yet, John's explanation made me not want to look half decent ever. It makes me feel like dressing down every day. I don't want to be some boy's goal or ultimate trophy. Plus, then there's that factor of marriage. Everyone is looking anxiously for a wife so you can't just date without them potentially considering u as a spouse. At first, I was kinda surprised no one asked me on a date but then I was grateful. I don't mind it if it's just for fun and if there is potential feelings-great. But! don't make me a project, a goal, a target. This is just another way of making me seem like an object, and degrading womanhood (where is the value). I didn't mean to vent but it feels better now. I appreciate John's feedback. Ugh , I really feel like deleting this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment